- Looks and feels like hardwood
- Resistant to wear and tear
- Comes in a variety of colors and shades
- Can be used throughout the house
- Use a damp cloth to wipe of spills immediatley, laminate is not waterproof unless specified
- For tough spills or stains use acetone on a cloth to wipe area
- Sweep or vacuum regularly
- Do not buff, polish, or wet mop using general liquid cleaning solutions
- See manufacture guidelines for specific care
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between laminate and vinyl?
A. While similar in apperance and durability, laminate is not waterproof (unless it has been waterproofed) and vinyl is. Both are great flooring options and should be considered. For more details head down to either of our locations and we would be happy to find the best fit for you.
Q. Where can I install laminate in my home?
A. Laminate is versatile and can be used in many areas of the home. It can go above or below ground level, over concrete or wood. Because it is not waterproof laminate is not recommended for bathrooms or other high water use areas. With that said it is a great option for high traffic areas like kitchens, living rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
Q. Can I repair minor scratches or do I have to replace the section?
A. Most scratches can easily be repaired with laminate floor repair paste which is widely available.
Q. Why should I choose laminate over hardwood?
A. Cost. Laminate is much more affordable then hardwood, both the material and the installation. Synthetic flooring options are also less maintanence and more resistant to wear then traditional hardwood flooring.